We are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our client based in the South East.
You will be overseeing the designing, reviewing and approving of Electrical designs for the successful delivery of Residential and Commercial infrastructure projects up to 33kV. From budget design to operational handover, the Senior Design Engineer will ensure that designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales, delivering market leading service to both internal and external customers underpinning our client’s strong growth and customer loyalty, using customer service, commercial and relationship management skills.
- To ensure the design is compliant with legislation, industry and adopting utility specifications and all HSEQ requirements.
- Ensuring performance levels are within the agreed teams KPIs.
- Development of the Design team through the administration of the business performance management process (PMF).
- Ongoing mentoring, coaching and development of Design Engineers.
- Delivering and reviewing electricity infrastructure designs, from budget markup to successful delivery.
- Ensuring designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales
- Attend regular meetings with DNO/iDNO on Technical matters.
- Attend DNO engagement events and update business Development and Technical on recent design and specification changes.
- Knowledge of diversion impact and solutions to DNO Networks.
- Knowledge of preconstruction and feasibility within utilities sector.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions in a proactive manner.
- Must be target driven and committed to key milestone dates and timescales.
- Strong IT skills including MS Suite, AutoCAD and other design software.
- Further technical or professional qualification preferred (IEng or CEng)
- Experienced in the design/planning of DNO and IDNO network and substation design.