Wea re looking for you to provide quantity surveying/commercial activities across a portfolio of clients this role will include working as part of the operations team managing and reporting on the financial status of secured contracts, maximising profit margin and ensuring delivery of payment.
Key Responsibilities Person Specification
- Development of the Account Managers through the administration of the business’ performance management framework (PMF)
- Providing technical & commercial service from pre-contract to final account
- Maintain appropriate records of the project, including forecasting and debt.
- Respond effectively to the business and client needs, maintaining excellent customer service through regular client meetings and open communication channels.
- Preparation and submission of valuations and claims
- To assist in the return of interim payment applications and final accounts.
- Management and authorisation of Sub-contract orders and payments.
- Adhere to a project plan, and respond rapidly and effectively to the business and client’s needs
- Negotiate rates with external subcontractors
- Produce monthly reports on team performance and ensuring levels are within any agreed KPIs
- Control day-to-day activities including, holiday approvals, sickness reporting etc
- Attending and contributing to senior staff meetings as necessary
- Commercial knowledge within a utilities/construction background essential
- Knowledge of quantity surveying methods and techniques
- Engineering knowledge of the utility market is preferable
- Knowledge of NRSWA is preferable
Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiastic and positive approach with a high focus on Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build long-lasting relationships
- Ability to critically analyse and evaluate
- Proven strong negotiating and interactive style.
- Good IT Skills including MS Suite, Excel and Word
- Strong time management skills and dedicated to achieving tight deadlines
- Experience within Quantity Surveying or similar commercial environment
- Experience within the utilities market or construction industry is essential
- A Degree within Quantity Surveying or similar qualification within a construction related discipline