We are looking for you to provide quantity surveying/commercial activities across a portfolio of clients this role will include working as part of the operations team managing and reporting on the financial status of secured contracts, maximising profit margin and ensuring delivery of payment.
Key Responsibilities Person Specification
- Providing technical & commercial service from pre-contract to final account.
- Maintain appropriate records of the project.
- Preparation and submission of valuations, variations and claims.
- To assist in the return of interim payment applications and final accounts.
- Commercially accountable for the management of approximately 25 live contracts.
- Manage all debt on current contracts to ensure a cash positive position.
- Attend internal and external meetings to represent the commercial department.
- Respond effectively to the business and client needs, maintaining excellent customer service.
- Produce monthly reports.
- Management and authorisation of Sub-contract orders and payments.
- Adhere to a project plan, and respond rapidly and effectively to the business and client’s needs.
- Knowledge of quantity surveying methods and techniques.
- Commercial knowledge within a construction/utilities background desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand programmes to interpret into an accurate forecast.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build long-lasting relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure within a deadline driven environment.
- Pro-active and hands-on approach “can do attitude.
- Good IT Skills including MS Suite, Excel and Word.
- A Degree within Quantity Surveying would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience within a commercial environment is essential..
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience would be desirable but not essential.