We are looking for an MU Design Engineer to join our client in the Glasgow area. You will be joining a close-knit team, to work on the increasing number of design projects in the new housing and commercial market sectors across Scotland. You will receive a market-leading salary along with a car allowance.
You will need to be able to sign off your own Gas & Water Network Designs.
Key tasks :
- Initial and ongoing liaison with the client to establish the design parameters.
- DNO/AGT appreciation.
- Liaising with the upstream and adopting IGT/IDNO to obtain design approval.
- Establish sufficient relevant information to carry out risk assessments in relation to the network type and construction methods to be incorporated into the design.
- Design gas and electric networks using design tools such as SNAP, windebut.
- Liaising with other designers to ensure that the most cost-efficient multi-utility solution, consistent with gas/electric/water standards, is developed.
- Maintaining a record of the progress of each design project in respect of design progress, communication and notices/applications/forms etc.
- Maintaining all design records including calculations and any assumptions made.
- Create and deliver the information required to make clients aware of their responsibilities.
- Carry out a hand-over meeting and provide operations with enough information to execute the work safely following full design approval.
- Respond to requests for variations to the design and process in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Produce cost estimates in line with current commercial procedures.
- HNC/HND in electrical engineering
- NVQ level 4 Gas Network Engineering Management Design Qualification
- NVQ level 3 Designing Water Networks
- Qualified through IGEM to EngTech or higher
- Driving Licence
- 5 years experience in Multi-Utility Design