We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our client in Suffolk you will be responsible for managing the HSEQ function in line with the business management system. In return, you will receive an excellent salary of up to £42,000 along with company car and excellent benefits package.
You will be required to work with the department teams ensuring company HSEQ policy, procedures are implemented, monitored and effective in controlling risks to direct and contract employees the general public and company assets. Operating as a single point of contact for HSEQ matters with a specific focus on the electrical delivery, The Health and Safety Manager will support the delivery of continual performance improvement including developing policy, procedures, conducting assurance activities and assist the business in developing action and improvement plans across the business. This will include managing key Risks in accordance with company requirements.
• To provide expertise and advice to the Head of Compliance in developing, formulating and communicating Health, Safety, and Environment & Quality policies, procedures and standards ensuring that all legislation, directives, procedures and specifications are fully adhered to.
• To provide expertise and advice regarding the implementation of a Health, Safety, Environment, Engineering & Quality Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, NERS, or any other appropriate Registration.
• To carry out HSEQ audits, inspections, investigations, site assessments and surveys to ensure compliance with legislation and the operation of the Business Management System.
• To carry out and/or support external audits carried in relation to company certification/registration activity.
• To compile reports on HSEQ and performance for the Senior Management team including the Head of Compliance
• Support and manage the development of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality business improvement plans to deliver improved HSEQ performance across the business.
• Identify and facilitate the sharing of Best Practice and Business Improvement, ensuring compliance with HSEQ Policies & Procedures.
- NEBOSH certificate (preferably Diploma) or NVQ equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Lead Quality Auditor - preferred
- Environmental Auditor – experience
• Fully aware of all relevant SHE legislation, rules and procedures.
• Good people management skills.
• Good communication and persuasion skills.
• Awareness of HSEEQ activities in a variety of organisations.
• A proven health and safety professional with recent experience in an HSEEQ related role, preferably aligned to Electricity Distribution design and construction.
• Workable knowledge and application of NERS
• Good Knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements
Skills / Knowledge
• Good standard of education, preferably a degree or equivalent. Hold or be working towards a professional Health & Safety or Environmental qualification such as NEBOSH National General Certificate and preferably an HNC or equivalent in Electricity or Gas Distribution design and construction and membership to the appropriate professional body.
• Specific Experience in the electrical distribution and utility industry
• Experience of Risk Framework and business controls together with governance procedures.
• Customer focused to deliver processes to the business
• Strong business support skills to drive ownership of HSEQ standards and procedures into the business
Attributes to be successful in this role
• Customer focused – Customer needs are at the forefront of your thinking around how the business is managed.
• Drives for Success - you do what it takes to ensure you achieve a successful outcome for the tasks you have to achieve.
• Organiser – you make sure work is organised so that it is carried out in the most effective way
• Impact and influence – your impact on the business is considerable and effective. You influence the way things are done.
• Developing others – you share your knowledge and experience with others in the business and act as a role m